Field Monitor Reponsibilities
Every Field Monitor (like all AYSO Volunteers) must register each year on the national AYSO Registration website at www.eayso.org and be Safe Haven Certified.
Field Monitors are the "eyes" and "ears" of the region at the selected fields. When you arrive, try to introduce yourself to the coaches so they know you are there. Since they may be in the middle of a game when your shift begins, this may not be possible until the next set of games begin. During your shift, we ask that you roam the fields and make sure that:
- Games start and end on time. Start times can be found on our Schedules Page, and game length for each division can be found on our Coaches Page.
- Players, coaches, and spectators are in the appropriate areas of the field.
- Coaches and spectators are displaying appropriate behavior.
- Teams clean up any trash after their games are complete.
If you see any behavior that you feel should be reported, send the info in an email to our Referee Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Try to get as much detail as you can including the names of the individuals and/or coaches, team, date, field, and time. Don't worry if you cannot get all the names. With the team info, we can usually figure it out.
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT WE ARE NOT ASKING YOU TO GET INVOLVED IN ANY CONFLICT. We do not want you to get in the middle of “poorly behaved” individuals. We simply want you to report what you see so the appropriate regional representatives can follow up and take appropriate action.
Please refer to the following PDF file for more detail in addition to an overview of the game structure in the U6, U7, and U8 Divisions where we currently schedule our field monitors.
Become A Field Monitor
Our region has implemented the certification requirements below for all field monitors.
All field monitor volunteers must complete the following steps,
in the order which they are listed:
Contact the Region Referee Administrator at email@example.com and indicate your interest in volunteering as a Field Monitor.
You should first log into your profile on InLeague and click on "Player and Volunteer Registration". Click on the "Review" button next to your name and update your volunteer preferences.
- Volunteer Registration Begins On Our Own Region 76 Registration Site
- Log in to InLeague (ayso76.net) and navigate to the "Player and Volunteer Registration" page.
- Look at the "MY2019 AYSO Membership" column. Your status will either be "Pending", "Complete", or "Incomplete".
- If your status is "Pending" or "Complete", skip to step 8 below. If your status says "Not Required", then you have not indicated your interest in volunteering for the current season. If that is the case, please click on "Review" and be sure your volunteer preferences are entered correctly.
- If your status is "Incomplete", click the red "CLICK TO RESUME" button. You’ll need to check that the name displayed is your legal name. If not, stop here and email firstname.lastname@example.org to correct your name. Then add your date of birth. If you go by a name other than your legal name, you can use the "Display Name/Nickname" field to enter that name.
- Confirm your contact information, and select your volunteer role(s), or review your selections if already shown.
- Click the Green "UPDATE FALL 20XX VOLUNTEER PREFERENCES" button.
- You will then be asked for the last four digits of your Social Security number.
- Please accept and e-sign the consent and release form.
- Check that you agree to use an electronic signature. Choose the option that You are an adult. Type your name into the top yellow area. Click the Yellow button on the bottom to “Continue to review”.
- Review the information. If all information is correct, scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Yellow "Submit" button.
- Before moving on, make sure your name (must use your legal name), address, date of birth, and last 4 of the Social Security number are all correct. If your address is incorrect, you can make the correction yourself. If name, DOB, or SSN are incorrect, contact email@example.com before proceeding further with the registration process.
- IMPORTANT: Do not wait for a completed background check to do your certifications. While waiting for the background check to be completed, please proceed to Step B below to register for your Field Monitor Safety training.
- Complete the Safe Haven Course (online):
- Go to https://login.aysou.org/ and log in to your profile you created using the same credentials as you did at InLeague.
- Click on "Online Courses"
- Open and complete the "AYSO's Safe Haven" course.
- The Background Check
- You will receive an invitation from Sterling Volunteers, the company chosen by AYSO to perform background checks.
- You will need to create an account on the Sterling Volunteers website, separate from your AYSO account.
- Once the account is set up, you’ll spend a couple of minutes entering the information required to launch the background check. You’ll notice a $25 fee for the background check. Region 76 pays this fee for approved volunteers, but if you’d like to help defray our costs, you may pay this fee by credit card.
- You’re finished registering when you get to the "Congrats!" screen. You’ll be notified by Sterling when the background check is complete. Results will be sent to AYSO.