Welcome to our program!
Our region's success, every year, is a result of people like yourself who volunteer to become a referee. No prior experience is needed, the training can be completed in one day or over two evenings. Then we pair you with a mentor when you start working games. By becoming a referee and working games you will help fulfill your child's team's obligation for volunteer points. All parents, grandparents, family friends and players who are at least 12 years old can become a referee.
For those of you with players in 10U, 12U and 14U, your team will have an obligation to fill referee slots. All teams that fulfill their obligation will be included in the play-offs at the end of the season. Parents of Extra players have a family obligation to volunteer 13 hours to the program.
All referee volunteers must complete the following steps,
in the order which they are listed:
You should first log into your profile on InLeague and click on "Player and Volunteer Registration". Click on the "Review" button next to your name and update your volunteer preferences.
- Volunteer Registration Begins On Our Own Region 76 Registration Site
- Log in to InLeague (ayso76.net) and navigate to the "Player and Volunteer Registration" page.
- Look at the "MY2019 AYSO Membership" column. Your status will either be "Pending", "Complete", or "Incomplete".
- If your status is "Pending" or "Complete", skip to step 8 below. If your status says "Not Required", then you have not indicated your interest in volunteering for the current season. If that is the case, please click on "Review" and be sure your volunteer preferences are entered correctly.
- If your status is "Incomplete", click the red "CLICK TO RESUME" button. You’ll need to check that the name displayed is your legal name. If not, stop here and email firstname.lastname@example.org to correct your name. Then add your date of birth. If you go by a name other than your legal name, you can use the "Display Name/Nickname" field to enter that name.
- Confirm your contact information, and select your volunteer role(s), or review your selections if already shown.
- Click the Green "UPDATE FALL 20XX VOLUNTEER PREFERENCES" button.
- You will then be asked for the last four digits of your Social Security number.
- Please accept and e-sign the consent and release form.
- Check that you agree to use an electronic signature. Choose the option that You are an adult. Type your name into the top yellow area. Click the Yellow button on the bottom to “Continue to review”.
- Review the information. If all information is correct, scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Yellow "Submit" button.
- Before moving on, make sure your name (must use your legal name), address, date of birth, and last 4 of the Social Security number are all correct. If your address is incorrect, you can make the correction yourself. If name, DOB, or SSN are incorrect, contact email@example.com before proceeding further with the registration process.
- IMPORTANT: Do not wait for a completed background check to do your referee certifications. While waiting for the background check to be completed, please proceed to Step B below to register for your Referee Safety and Certification training.
- Register for the live referee course you will be attending:
- Go to https://login.aysou.org/ and log in to your profile you created using the same credentials as you did at InLeague.
- Click on "In-Person Courses"
- Click on the "Open" button next to "Referee Instructor Led Courses".
- Click on the "Sessions" button next to the particular referee certification for which you are applying. New referees should select the "Regional Referee Course" (Center Referees) or "Assistant Referee Course" (Assistant Referees).
- Scroll through the list until you find the particular live class you would like to take.
- Click on the name of the course for the time, location, instructions, and what to bring.
- Click on the "Register" button next to the course.
- Complete the Safe Haven Course (online):
- Click on "Online Courses"
- Open and complete the "AYSO's Safe Haven" course.
- Complete the CDC Concussion Awareness Course (online):
- Click on "Online Courses"
- Open and complete the "CDC: Concussion Course".
- Complete the Regional Referee Training Course (online):
- Click on "Online Courses".
- Click on "Open" next to the "Regional Referee Training" certification course.
- Click on "Launch" next to each of the course components to take the course components, in order, until you have completed the entire course and have received your completion certificate.
- Attend and complete the Live Training Session you signed up for.
- The Background Check
- You will receive an invitation from Sterling Volunteers, the company chosen by AYSO to perform background checks.
- You will need to create an account on the Sterling Volunteers website, separate from your AYSO account.
- Once the account is set up, you’ll spend a couple of minutes entering the information required to launch the background check. You’ll notice a $25 fee for the background check. Region 76 pays this fee for approved volunteers, but if you’d like to help defray our costs, you may pay this fee by credit card.
- You’re finished registering when you get to the "Congrats!" screen. You’ll be notified by Sterling when the background check is complete. Results will be sent to AYSO.
All the best,
Regional Referee Administrator
Beverly Hills - Region 76