Welcome to our program!
Our region's success, every year, is a result of people like yourself who volunteer to become a referee. No prior experience is needed, the training can be completed in one day or over two evenings. Then we pair you with a mentor when you start working games. By becoming a referee and working games you will help fulfill your child's team's obligation for volunteer points. All parents, grandparents, family friends and players who are at least 12 years old can become a referee.
For those of you with players in 10U, 12U and 14U, your team will have an obligation to fill referee slots. All teams that fulfill their obligation will be included in the play-offs at the end of the season. Parents of Extra players have a family obligation to volunteer 13 hours to the program.
All referee volunteers must complete the following steps,
in the order which they are listed:
You should first log into your profile on InLeague and click on "Player and Volunteer Registration". Click on the "Review" button next to your name and update your volunteer preferences.
- Submit Volunteer Application at InLeague (ayso76.net) and Sterling Volunteers:
- Check your volunteer registration status at InLeague (ayso76.net)
- Log in and navigate to the "Player and Volunteer Registration" page.
- Look at the "MY2019 AYSO Membership" column. Your status will either be "Pending", "Complete", or "Incomplete".
- If your status is "Pending" or "Complete", skip to step F below.
- If your status is "Incomplete", click the red "CLICK TO RESUME" button. You will need to add your DOB and last 4 of the SSN to proceed with registration. During this step, you will also e-sign your volunteer registration.
- Make sure your name (must use your legal name), address, DOB, and last 4 of the SSN are all correct. If your address is incorrect, you can make the correction yourself. If name, DOB, or SSN are incorrect, contact email@example.com before proceeding further with the registration process.
- The next step is to wait to hear back from us. Depending on your volunteer role and history, you will either receive an invitation directly from Sterling Volunteers to do your background check, or you will hear first from Region 76 administrators to confirm you’re still interested in your chosen volunteer role and willing and able to do the required training.
- You will need to create an account on the Sterling Volunteers account separate from your AYSO account.
- Complete the application process with Sterling Volunteers and digitally sign the application form at the end of the process.
- Register for the live referee course you will be attending:
- Go to https://login.aysou.org/ and log in to your profile you created using the same credentials as you did at InLeague.
- Click on "Live Courses"
- Click on the "Sessions" button next to the "Regional Referee Online Companion Course".
- Scroll through the list until you find the particular live class you would like to take.
- Click on the name of the course for the time, location, instructions, and what to bring.
- Click on the "Register" button next to the course.
- Complete the Safe Haven Course (online):
- Go to https://login.aysou.org/ and log in to your profile you created using the same credentials as you did at eAYSO.
- Click on "My Courses"
- Open and complete the "AYSO's Safe Haven" course.
- Complete the Regional Referee Training Course (online):
- Go to https://login.aysou.org/ and log in to your profile.
- Click on "eCommerce".
- In the categories on the left, select "Referee Training".
- Click on "See Details" next to the "Regional Referee Training Course".
- Click on "Buy Now".
- Complete the course.
- Be sure to attend the referee live session training you signed up for in Step 2 above. Your training will not be complete unless you complete ALL of the steps above.
All the best,
Regional Referee Administrator
Beverly Hills - Region 76