Become an AYSO Referee
Welcome to our program!
Our region's success, every year, is a result of people like yourself who volunteer to become a referee. No prior experience is needed, the training can be completed in one day or over two evenings. Then we pair you with a mentor when you start working games. By becoming a referee and working games you will help fulfill your child's team's obligation for volunteer points. All parents, grandparents, family friends and players who are at least 12 years old can become a referee.
For those of you with players in U10, U12 and U14, your team will have an obligation to fill referee slots. All teams that fulfill their obligation will be included in the play-offs at the end of the season. Parents of Extra players have a family obligation to volunteer 13 hours to the program.
What follows is a step-by-step set of instructions for registering for a referee class:
1. Log into your eAYSO account. If you do not have an eayso account, Pleases visit our Volunteer Registration and Certification Requirements page and follow the instructions for Registration. Then you can enroll in the class and follow instruction steps #2 through #11.
If you are a player (youth) and you want to referee (must be age 12 or older), you will need to create a separate Volunteer ID number. This is different from your AYSO Player ID #. Go to eayso.org and click on "I am new to AYSO and want to volunteer" and then follow the instructions to register.
2. Click on "Enroll tn a class"
3. Enter "CA" in the box marked State
4. Enter "1" in the box marked Section
5. Enter "P" in the box marked Area
6. Enter "76" in the box marked Region
7. In the box marked "Course" scroll and click on the Referee Course you want to take. There are two types of courses for new referees. You can attend the Basic Referee Course which is an all-day class or you can attend a Basic Referee On-line Companion Course which is held over two evenings.
8. Then Enter Search
9. A number of courses may appear. Click the "circle" for the class you want to attend. We recommend that you attend a class that is being held in Region 76.
10. Click on Submit and you will be entered as a class attendee.
11. If you haven't done so already, you will need to take AYSO Safe Haven (MT02) prior to the class. The course MT02 is found at aysotraining.org. Please bring a copy of completion to the class. You will need about 45-60 minutes to complete Safe Haven on-line.
12. If you have signed up to attend the Basic Referee On-line Companion Course, you are also required to take the Basic Referee Online Course (R002) prior to attending the in-person portion of the class. This course is also found at aysotraining.org. Although not required for those attending the Basic Referee class, it is highly recommended that you take Course R002. This on-line module take 60 - 90 minutes.
13. It is also highly recommended, but not mandatory, that all referees take the AYSO CDC Concussion Awareness (45 minutes to 60 minutes to complete). This on-line course can be found at aysotraining.org.
All the best,
Regional Referee Administrator
Beverly Hills - Region 76