Extra Program - Detailed Description
Extra Program - Detailed Description
- Teams and Age Groups
- Professional trainers
Beginning in U10 through U19, our core program is split into two-year age divisions. However, Extra will be split into single-year divisions as follows:
|U-10||9||8/1/01 and 7/31/02|
|U-11||10||8/1/00 and 7/31/01|
|U-12||11||8/1/99 and 7/31/00|
|U-13||12||8/1/98 and 7/31/99|
|U-14||13||8/1/97 and 7/31/98|
In this first year of Extra, we plan to have one boys team and one girls team per division.
All coaches will be well-qualified volunteer AYSO coaches. More information for coaches is available.
In order to ensure that participants in the Extra Program will receive the best coaching possible, all Extra teams will be assigned a professional trainer who will work side-by-side with the team’s coaching staff at practices. These trainers will be selected from the group of professional coaches already engaged by Region 76. Each trainer is an outstanding coach in his/her own right, with years of extensive playing and coaching experience with club, high school, and/or professional soccer. All of the trainers are experienced in working with youth soccer players of all ages, and all are Safe Haven-certified.
- All Extra Side-by-Side teams will be required to practice two times during the weekdays.
- Please see Parent and Player Expectations for practice attendance requirements.
- Practices will generally run for 1.5 hours. However, depending on the age of the players, the trainer’s preference, and field availability, practices may run longer or shorter.
- Practices will be conducted by both the volunteer coaches as well as paid professional trainers.
- Practice fields are still being finalized but they will most likely be selected from the following list:
- Beverly Hills High School
- La Cienega Park
- El Rodeo School
- Horace Mann School
- Community Magnet School
- Carthay Elementary School
- The regular season registration fee, the amount of which depends on when you signed up ($150 early bird, $200 pre-season, $250 post-June 1). Payment is made with your online registration.
- A special Extra fee, which will be $350.00 for the Fall season. This will cover your child’s uniforms, field usage, and professional trainers twice per week, and a small administrative fee to run the program. Payment is due within three days of your acceptance. Log in to www.ayso76.net and go to My Account, Family Profile and click on the Post-Season Assignments tab [there may be a separate tab for Extra; if so, click on this].
- In addition, there will be a charge of approximately $80 to cover the cost of the team’s fees to play in a Thanksgiving tournament and the Sportsmanship Cup in December. This will be due by November 1.
- Parent Commitments
- Player-Parent Commitments
Other practice fields may be added that are outside the Beverly Hills area and some driving may be required to get there. This geographic area may include as east as downtown LA, as west as West LA, as south as Slauson Ave., and as north as Hollywood. This will especially be true for the upper divisions where there is a higher likelihood of Extra team being formed collaboratively with another region.
During the Extra Fall season, the games will be played on the weekends, usually on Saturdays, but there may also be games played on Sundays. The games will be played against other Extra teams, except during the Thanksgiving tournament and the Sportsmanship Cup. Approximately half of the games will be played in Beverly Hills and the other half will be played somewhere in the same geographical boundaries described above concerning practice fields. The Extra Spring season games will be played on the weekends all over Southern California, just like the other tournament teams.
To play on an Extra team, players must be registered for our 2011 season, although they do not need to be registered to try out. The cost of the fall portion of the Extra program is $350 above the cost of a regular season registration, so there is still a benefit to early registration. Full details are as follows:
|Fee Level||Fall Registration Fee||Extra Program
|Turkey & Sportshmanship
|Pre-Season (through June 1)||$200||$350||$80||$630|
|Regular Season(after June 1)||$250||$350||$80||$680|
At the conclusion of the Fall part of the Extra season, Extra teams can choose to enter tournaments, and additional costs will be determined by the number of tournaments attended, and will be similar to the costs of participating on a tournament team.
Scholarships for Extra players will be available for families with demonstrated need. A financial aid application is required.
Please review the Parents Page, which contains important information about the commitments parents are required to make
Last updated May 10, 2011 at 6:30 am